Saturday, November 11, 2006

ribble's Dream Girl

I don't post news, but I do post Michelle Kwan.

I ran in to this little chesnut on the train today (and check out that photo - business wear Asians are go vis hotness).

That article appeared in that part of the main section where you've made it through the day's serious news and you're just starting to think if it's going to be worth it to take a shot at the editorials or if you should try leafing through Dining In, so I gave myself a moment for a little Michelle Kwan fantasy.

See, I had always believed before that my dreams of settling down and making a life with Michelle Kwan could never be. It may be that we're made for each other, but nowhere among the many circles in which I travel is the tight-knit world of professional and Olympic amateur skating.

I was sure that, sadly, I would never be able to comfort Michelle about the late-season injury preventing her from the shot at the 2006 Turin gold that was rightfully hers. It seemed then that the only thing we had in common was out ages, nationalities, and our destinies to be the voices of our generation.

But now, Michelle is moving that much closer to my area of expertise (seeing as I was an International Relations major). If the current rate keeps up, by the time we're 30, we'll be working in the same cluster of cubicles and sharing a T1 line.

Or at least a boy can dream ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, well, it certainly seems like you've been dreaming a lot lately...:-)

ribble said...

You should hear my Zooey Deschanel fantasy ...

Anonymous said...

nice fantasy duder.

natalie