Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Back in Brooklyn

I am back in Brooklyn. Remember in those Bob Hope / Bing Crosby movies when all they wanted was to get the girls back to Brooklyn? It feels a lot like that.


This year is my fix-up-my-life year. Here's my list:

Get a new apartment. This one's fine, but I am going to need more space if I want to make more movies and all that other stuff. Bringing us to point two...

Get more work. I am considering getting something more nine-to-five-ish, but for the moment it looks like the most interesting work I can do in the short term will be producing more short films (I am talking to two or three different sets of people).

Also, I just read Robert Rodriguez's book, Rebel Without a Crew, and it inspired me to make my own, crappy short movies to learn and get them out of my system so I can eventually make a long, non-crap movie.

Get a cat. Pets are important. People with pets are happier, and growing up with a bunch of animals made me a better and more compassionate person.

Lots of people have dogs in New York, but I think keeping a dog in an apartment in the city is cruel - dogs need a lot of space they can run around with their tails wagging and their tongues out.

Besides, cats love to pretend to ignore me, and there are plenty of times when I'm sure I'll want to pretend to ignore my cat.

Conspicuously missing: Get a girlfriend. This is not on my list because this is not the sort of thing you should plan. Besides, I think that sorting out everything else on this list and being more confident in my life will help if the opportunity should arise.

Of course, now that I've brought it up, I'm sure you'll all have your own opinions.

1 comment:

ribble said...

In my most private moments, I sometimes think micro dogs are good only for kicking or feeding to larger dogs.