Monday, May 22, 2006

Drew is Coming

My cousin the revolutionary and I have a very dear friend named Drew. For the last five months he's been living in Ghana (!) as part of some NYU program, and he's now in London making his slow way back to the States. He'll be in New York in early June, and we couldn't be more thrilled. Also, he recently said he loved me like a plate of spaghetti.

Because Drew is such an amazing kid, because his way of speaking and thinking are so distinctive, and because he's been gone so long, I've kept a mental catalogue of the things that I've encountered that could come close to being Drew.

I can't explain Drew to the rest of the world, but if you look at this stuff, then meet Drew, you will say "oh, yeah, that makes sense." It is my attempt to explain Drew through cultural triangulation.

Also like Drew, it is all very funny.

Ask a Ninja (my favorite is Ninja Omnibus)
Doogtoons' Nick and Haig
Overcompensating webcomic by Jeffrey Rowland
Comedian Dane Cook

No comments: