Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Update: Erin files

Check out Erin's photo (top left of the "Oh My Rockness' March Radness! @ Brooklyn Lyceum, NYC" section) from last Friday's party. Note that in the photo caption, Spin totally blows Erin's cover.

The show I went to the next night at South Paw put me a bit more at ease about the prospect of a hipster invasion in Park Slope. The first show I saw at South Paw was a They Might Be Giants Katrina tribute concert, and the South Paw crowd struck me as more of a TMBG crowd than anything else, if that makes sense. A little more dork than punk, like me. I think there's probably just a different local crowd living here than I originally thought, which makes sense considering how little I go out in my own neighborhood.

In other news related to that post: I am not the only one tracking hipster migration.

No comments: