Friday, October 20, 2006

Almost Impossibly Tired

Today, I worked, and, as a result, I am exhausted. The shoot I am working on now, a Russian film, surprised me with a unique combination of exhausting things;

1) I was on firewatch all day, which was boring and therefore tiring.
2) The shoot was extended two weeks past when it was originally supposed to wrap, meaning everyone else is tired and wants to go home.
3) The main set is on the fifth floor of a walkup, and we are talking some tall ceilings here.

I haven't worked in about three weeks (one week of sleep, one week of happily screwing around with small and inconsequential projects, one week of being too disorganized to get a job), so I wasn't limbered up for this triple-threat of exhaustion. It also didn't help that I tried to make it through firewatch using coffee. Coffee makes me so happy and then it makes me nervous and then it puts me in need of a nap I can never achieve.

Another tremendously interesting thing about this shoot: the most competent of the PAs are all very, very tall. This briefly leads me to consider crewing only super-tall PAs. Too many questions arise (Do I know that many tall PAs? What will short people think?) I quickly dismiss the idea as slighly too silly.

No comments: