Monday, May 29, 2006

Level Tired

In college, when I had to finish a paper in a single sleepless night, I would tell Jibs, my girlfriend at the time, that I was a certain level of tired, like "Level 3 tired." These levels never made it past the contextual, which is to say I couldn't tell you now what each level meant to me then.

I didn't have much need for describing myself as a numbered level of tired after college because I was not working in finance, but tonight I was reminded of them because I found I was literally too tired to walk in a straight line in my own apartment.

The biggest luxury I can get is to turn off my phone before I go to sleep. Turning off my phone, which I also use as an alarm, means there is absolutely nothing urgent to do the next day.

Tonight I turned my phone off.
And I'm definitely sleeping in.

2 comments:

Speedrail said...

what can i say? staring at older women on the train is a tiring enterprise.

ribble said...

How did you know? Who are you working with, Speedrail? WHO?!