Friday, July 28, 2006

Jon Arbuckle Has a Bitch!

Remember how I made a big fuss because newspaper comics where nothing changes seem stilted and outdated once you've read even one webcomic?

Of the many shitty, stilted syndicated comics, Garfield is the worst. We are talking about one guy making the same eight jokes every day for the past 25 years. There's even been a few bizarre and interesting memes that single out Garfield because it represents so well what's so wrong with syndicated comics.

Today, Jon Arbuckle got a girlfriend. This came after a short story line that you can take a look at online.

I am happy, happy. I'd come to assume that pop culture thought I was an idiot (I liked Superman just because it didn't insult my intelligence.) It's nice to see one of the great bastions of mediocrity trusting that if Jon gets a bitch, the rest of us will be able to handle that.

As a sidenote, Jon also got some lovin' back in '81. From the same girl. But he may not remember all that now - those were heady times.

No comments: