Sunday, July 30, 2006

Production Fantasy

I've been travelling and maybe I put that together with the 06.05.06 comic here and I built a new daytime fantasy. In this one, I use Craig's List to find production jobs in different cities and go live there in a sublet or a hotel while I work on the films. Maybe this fantasy isn't too far-fetched, but it does seem a bit excessive for PA work. But then I heard about a guy today who's worked as a PA for 30 years, so I guess in this business, anything's possible.

In related news, I am considering a quest for more entertaining online non-fiction comics. For now, I'll prolly reread the ones I already know about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not so far-fetched. In fact that's pretty much what a lot of people do. The production coordinator on the film that I worked on does that, and because she is willing to travel anywhere, in the first year after quitting her full-time (non-film) job there was only one week when she wasn't working on a production.

If you are working for features, you shouldn't even need to sublet or hotel because they should be providing housing (if you're shooting outside of New York or LA).

I think you should give this a shot (and then I can live vicariously!). :-)

Actually, Dan may be working on a feature in the Portland (ME) area this fall - maybe you could come up here and work on that! The director was a Project Greenlight winner at some point. He seems really cool, too. Should be a fun shoot.

ribble said...

I am sort of letting myself be stuck in New York for at least another year. I have another fantasy of going to Spain for six months and writing, probably because of Capote