Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Goodbye, Whoever-You-Are

I spent today clearing out the contacts in my phone. This was in anticipation of a paid P.A. gig I have (!) starting tomorrow (it'll only last until Saturday); I'm putting all the numbers I never call on a spreadsheet on my laptop to make space for the new people I'll be meeting on this job.

There's something strangely gratifying about deleting people from my phone. A lot of people represent a part of my life that I don't want to go back to - like contacts and bosses from the crappy Brooklyn newspaper where I used to work. The rest I just don't recognize, which is a little disorienting - how were these people important enough to merit a place in my phone?

Oh, and I've been watching repeats of Survivor: Vanuatu, speaking of people I never want to spend time with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ribbles invited me to write on his blog. I am not sure when or how he wants me to do this, but I'm prepared.

ribble said...

That was Marmo and I sent her an official invite and if she accepts I will post about her.

Not now though now I have to go to sleep.