Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Blogging

Here's the thing about blogs: there's a lot of them.

The best blogs make you feel like you're sitting next to someone you know. I figured this out when I started listening to the music over at Speedrail's blog. Speedrail and I used to work in the same office, and reading his blog while listening to his music is exactly the same as working next to him in an office.

It's the same with Johnny's blog. When I first found Johnny's blog I hadn't seen him in awhile, and I spent two days straight clicking through the archives. Even with a number of people working on it, a good blog can keep a unified voice. Without a unified voice, a blog's just a mess.

My highest ambition for ribble's is that someone can read it and feel like we're sitting next to each other on the train.

That said, lurkers welcome. But I'm keeping my biographical details to myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ribble!!

I know who you are.

A certain former professional colleague.

ribble said...

Ooh. I'll bet I can figure out who you are, too. Let's try 20 questions. Are you bigger than a bread box?