Sunday, September 10, 2006

ribble's almost impossibly tired

Here's what happened to me this week: I started working for the electric department on this Bollywood film. Er, unofficially. Electric (so far) seems to involve a lot of plug-and-play equipment (as opposed to, say, the lighting department, which involves a lot of large, awkward, complicated equipment with sharp edges.)

However, it also involves a lot of power cables. Power cables are heavy - not awkward, and not so heavy as to justify the use of more than one person to move a cable, but just the right level of heavy where you feel that burn in your muscles without actually hurting yourself. So it's gratifying but, yeah, I'm tired.

Here's what I did when I got home today: 1) watched a half an hour of T.V. 2) wrote this. When you're having trouble following Project Runway, it's time to call it a night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the movie called? And will you be credited in it, since you're working unofficially and all.

ribble said...

I'm not working unofficially, but getting credited as a PA is a bit of a crap shoot. We are kind of a little bit non-people in that sense.

I don't like to write the titles of films in the blog (or the name of the stars, or my full name, or your full name) because the internet is funny and it is the kind of place where those sorts of things can bite you in the ass.

'Cuz I know you and you're an okay sort, I'll send you a personal message with the name of the film and we can gossip about the star I drove around to our hearts' content.

Anonymous said...

hmm, not use real names, huh? well good thing i thought to use a pseudonym, then! :-) good detective work on figuring out who this reallly is. bye bye!