Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Seven Film Industry Uses of the Word "Hot"

1. Lighting: Much light falls on a particular area or object.
"Dial down the variac, that 1k is too hot on the side of his face."

2. Batteries: Fully charged.
"Hot brick to set."

3. Stunts: Fast.
"You were coming a little hot around that corner."

4. Post-production color correction: Yellow (versus blue).
"See how hot this is? If we cool it down, it brings out the blue in his eyes."

5. Angry.
"He says I get hot, and I know I blew up on the first day, but he gets hot, too."

6. High in temperature.
"Don't touch that scrim! It's still hot!"

7. Very good.
"The lockup's in place? That's hot."

[update 7/17/09
8. Loud
"The mixing - the levels? The guests were a little hot."
via this Planet Money Podcast (iTunes link). I voted for David Kestenbaum]

2 comments:

EEK said...

I have no idea what a scrim is, but it sounds pretty hot. Happy Thanksgiving!

ribble said...

Tee hee.