Sunday, June 04, 2006

My Cousin the Revolutionary Has a Blog

My Cousin the Revolutionary has a new blog! He claims the only way to get him to update is if I keep linking to it, so, unfortunately, this will be the end of my using my frequent references to him to link to other revolutionaries that I feel he would endorse. However, it does gives me my an opportunity to brag about those links. I've listed the lot below.

My cousin, who is also my roommate, earned his epithet primarily because of his involvement with the NYU Tuition Reform campaign. In the parlance of our apartment, NYU tuition reform and related activities are referred to as "the revolution," as in "I'm having dinner with Ava and then I've got the revolution from 9:00 to around 10:30."

My cousin is also a good bit more left-leaning than I am - I am a Democrat with a robust enthusiasm for capitalism - which would lead to some very interesting discussions around the apartment. These would usually end in my saying "Well, why don't we just organize the proletariat against the bourgeois masses?!"

So that was also a factor.

There's a tongue-in-cheek element here (my cousin would not actually like to fuck tha police), but I'd feel safe saying all the links I've connected to my cousin are things he endorses, at least in sentiment, right down to the orange juice.

Do you like what my cousin's about? No? You're probably right. Go to his blog and brow beat him until he's forced to respond. I know I will.

And cuz? You're welcome.

Fuck tha Police
Wake Up Walmart
My Cousin's Current Blog
ABC News Interns
Mao Zedong
Utopia
Gil Scott-Heron (Best Known for "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised")
My Cousin's Former Blog, for his digital journalism class at NYU
Permanent Revolution
Washington Square News article on NYU's Tuition Reform Action Committee-Organized Town Hall meeting
Napoleon I of France
Orange Juice is Good for You
Karl Marx
NYU Tuition Reform Campaign official website

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh! really i am bored and visiting everywebsiteever! lsat is boring and jersey is boring and killmenowthx!

ribble said...

Hi, Ava. BFF.